Truer words regarding education and lifelong learning may never have been spoken. The importance of educating not only our children, but us as well has never been more apparent. Ignorance and apathy are running rampant in our society.
- According to the U.S. government, life expectancy has stalled for the last three years straight. The United States ranks below 40 other countries in life expectancy.
- Obesity is rampant, affecting even small children. Humans are housebound and can no longer move the way our ancestors did.
- Mystery illness and allergies have reached epidemic proportions
- Global climate changes loom over us due to never ceasing environmental abuse.
- Corporations and government tightly control technology and competition. They are quite content to wallow in their old ways. Innovation and sustainability will never win out so long as The People remain silent.
- Self-sufficiency and our basic constitutional rights are being threatened by ever-growing laws to keep people chained to government and corporation. This is the exact opposite intent of this country’s tenets.
- As of January 2015 the United States ranks 14th in the world for education. Our education system is archaic and in dire need of a complete overhaul.
I am afraid. I am angry. I have the sneaking suspicion that you are too. It’s time we claim our personal power.
Before I start to tackle such heavy topics though, let me tell you what I hope to achieve with this blog. I have created this blog to bring women of all backgrounds together. I want to empower you to reclaim your roll as a nurturer and teacher. Together, we will challenge the powers that be. We will challenge the people responsible for stealing the health of the human race, ruining our planet, dumbing down our education, and hijacking our freedoms. We are informed. We are not victims of circumstance. We are a group of women intentionally rearing a generation of game changers. We are ready to tackle the big challenges that lie ahead for our planet.
That’s a monumental task but I, for one, will no longer sit by idle. I dare you to join me in standing up for what is right and demand solutions. Let’s have discussions that challenge the way we think. We will not go quietly, blindly into the dark. We will light a million fires of hope and change.
My desire for this blog is to be the spark that gets people thinking and acting towards changing these problems. To achieve this end this blog will:
- Educate through articles
- Share images and the latest research
- Lift-up and empower
- Start discussions
- Ask thought provoking questions
- Form a tribe of like-minded women
- Interview those on the forefront of change
- Challenge your beliefs
- Create calls to action
It’s been said many times that we women, as the heads of purchasing power in our country, have the power to vote with our dollars. Let’s hit them where it hurts! WE command the direction of this quickly sinking ship. Let’s do an about face and steer to safe harbors. We will not be scared. If we band together and motion for answers, for change, we will be heard. Not only will we be heard, but also we can move mountains.
What changes are you making to forge a better future for yourself and for our children? Tell me your hopes for our world. Share what you’re doing to blaze new pathways in the comments below. Let’s go light some fires!